National Open University Students Complains about Missing Results

The candidate of National Open University of Nigeria are very angry about their result and the school proposes is not an accepted one.

Many candidate complained about their missing result. One of NOUN students who sat for good 13 courses and was expecting result was suddenly ruined when 7 out 13 result were released.

When the matter arised, the school authorities were yet to tell the affected students the reasons for the problem. The National Open University of Nigeria is an open and distance learning institution.

According to the university website, the university has 54 study centres spread across the nation and a student population of over 120, 000. It offers over 50 programmes and 750 courses across certificate, diploma and degree levels.

The issue of missing results affects the institution’s law faculty in many of the study centres including the ones in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Akure, and Abuja.

After the school management noticed that the result was a kind of confusing and disturbingm all they could is to advise the affected students had only been told to write letters to the institution’s head office in Lagos, stating their problems.

Initially, the school only tested students using computer-based examinations. But two years ago, the National Universities Commission mandated the school to introduce written examinations to test students’ writing abilities.

NOUN Undergraduate students are required to write tutor-marked assignments which make up 30 per cent of the total for each course while the end-of-semester examination covers for the remaining 70 per cent.

The affected students suspect that the collation of the examination results of the school’s large number of students has overwhelmed its officials.

After a disturbing time of issue, Tenebe was connected by call on the phone and all he could is to blame the students for the problem of missing results in the school.

He said, “This is a university but unfortunately, some of our students don’t obey the rules. Instead of writing their examination numbers, some of them write their registration numbers.

Only students who make such mistakes have ssues. We have been cases where two students would write the same number and such results have to be deferred until they are sorted out. If the cases are properly reported, we have a formula of tracking such results.